Wednesday, November 14, 2012

LET GO, LET GOD!


I hope this testimony would bless you.

A day after motorbike riders were banned in Warri, a small city of Delta State. I took a taxi to get to work. while I was inside the car, sitting in front with another passenger as they usually carry, I could feel my handset slipping away from my pocket each time the driver adjusts the gear; the handset was inside my left pocket and seat was a little small for me and the other passenger, so I was almost sitting on the gear shift.

It occurred to me that I needed to position the phone in my pocket very so it does not fall off. Well, I got off as soon as I get to the junction of the road to my office. 

About an hour after I entered the office I wanted to make a call when I realized that the phone was no longer in my pocket. I knew I had left it inside the taxi. it probably fell off my pocket as I envisaged but did not do anything about it. I stayed numb for a while to really reorganize myself. I knew what it means to lose a phone. I have lost this same phone a month after I bought it, a few years ago. and it was out of pains I purchased this one. besides this, my phone for me is more like a laptop; I have certain important documents in it. I use it for my quick bible study and search. I have songs and religious messages inside. I thought about all that I would lose; including the fact that it is the phone I mainly use to call my fiancee. I reasoned all that at a glance and I was really sad. But I had to still find a way to be myself to go about my duties at the office.

I started calling the phone. it rings each time I call but no one answers. I knew however that no one would pick it up because it was always on vibration. since it fell it will hardly be notices. Later I had to go to the bus stop at the junction where taxis operate to see if I could at least spot the vehicle that I entered. I waited for over three hours and the vehicle never showed up. I returned to the office more devastated. I really did not know what to do other than just calling the line hoping that someone might just notice. this went on till evening when the phone was finally switched off. I just understood that they must have seen it and probably removed my SIM card to replace it with another. Although I knew too that another SIM would  not work in it because I use a password that allows only my SIM card. But still I was worried about how they would want to contact me.

From minutes to hours and from hours to days... I still could not believe I have lost the phone. One thing came to my mind; only God can help me now. I let go of the search and let God take control. With hope I stayed put that God can do anything.

after TEN days I got a call on my other phone, when I looked at the caller ID; I became startled. It was my lost phone that was calling me. When I picked it up the female voice I heard just asked if I am the owner of the phone and that I should come to a particular place to get my phone. As I dropped the call, I became numbber than I was when I first lost it. What caused my numbness this time was the fact that even when you think things cannot happen because of how hard you have tried, God still can make a way where there seemed to be no way. 

My fiancee was the one who went to get the phone for me. She said the guy told her that he bought the car from the former owner (probably the taxi driver) and saw my phone. And his wife told him on hearing it that he should find a way to give the phone back to the owner. That can only be God working for me on my behalf.

beloved, I am here to let you know today that whatever seems impossible to you, is not with God. the ONE who made it easy for me beyond all odds to find my phone after several days of unfruitful human search, will surely turn that impossibility for you to possibility in Jesus Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment