Monday, November 12, 2012

THE ROAD MAP FOR YOUR LIFE


THE ROAD MAP FOR YOUR LIFE 


"IF you do not know where you are going, everywhere you go would look like it. " - BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

This is exactly the summary of my story. 
On the eve of 2010 I got a job that saw me leaving Kano State - where I did my National Youth Service Corp (NYSC), to a small town called Hadejia in Jigawa State, Nigeria. It was such wonderful experience for me because though I got a new job after NYSC, I had always wanted to tour the Northern part of Nigeria. But there was one problem; I do not know where Jigawa State is, talk little of a town called Hadejia, or even how to get there. Much of the problem was that I do not speak the language of the Hausas that much. Well, some of my colleagues offered to help me. They told me where to get a bus going to Jigawa and how to get the one going to Hadejia, and they also gave me the number of whom to call that would direct me properly.

So I got to the park, saw a bus. I asked if they were going to Jigawa State. I got in and we set off for the journey. I had no idea of the time it would take me to get to where I was going because it was my first time. But Thank God - or so it seemed - that after about 2 hours, we got to a stop at about few minutes to seven o clock in the evening. As I alighted the bus I immediately called the guy I was instructed to call. When he picked I informed him that I was in Hadejia, simple. He just asked me to tell a bike man to take me to Shagari Quarters. Remember, I cannot speak Hausa so I just mubled words and it worked. later we got to Shagari Quarters and I called the guy again to inform him that I was there. He told me to hold on that he was coming to pick me up. 

When he got there, he called my phone again to let me know that he cannot find me. I then described what I was wearing, and where I was likely standing. he recognise the place and said ok that he was walking over there to meet me. I waited for some time but instead of seeing the guy, I got his call again. He said he was there and he could not see me. "But I am standing right under the large Water tank" I said to him. He said ok that I should ask the people around there to show me a Deeper Life church around the corner that He will be there and there is no way I could miss locating it. by this time it was almost Nine o clock. I asked and they recognized the place and without much time, I was there. "where are you?" He asked me, and I threw back that same question to him. We both became surprised at the whole playing of the event. He was startled at how I could have been in a place where he was and we could not see each other.

to make it easier for me, he then asked me to go back to the junction that there is a bank there and I should stay there and wait for him. I got to the junction and looked for a bank but could not find any. He called me and I explained to him that I could not see any bank there. That was when he asked me what I could see around where I was. I described the things I saw and he was shocked. He suggested finally that I should give the phone to any bike man I find around so that he can find out where I was, since he speaks Hausa. I luckily found a bike man that night now about 9:30pm, after talking with the guy for a while the guy gave me back the phone. What he told me thereafter almost made me skip my breath.

He informed me that I have not even arrived Hadejia to start with. He said I was still in a small town called Jahun, about another 2 hours drive to Hadejia. 

Well, I finally got to Hadejia at about 11:30 pm. I got into his house and relaxed. However, I could not help but to ask; how was it that all the places that he asked me to get to I went and I was not yet at Hadejia. He said locations are named similarly in different towns in the northern area of Nigeria. For instance, Shagari Quarters is in most of the states and towns in  norther Nigeri and around there churches like Deeper Life Christian Church, Redeemed Christian Church of God, etc. are also situated.

I decided to share this true life story to show a graphic picture of the fact that when you do not know where you are haeded, every place may appear like it. So I thought to myself, if I had a road map, at every point where I got confused, I would have simply looked over the map with me and get guidance. 

You need the road map of your life's journey otherwise life would be just a meaningless trail into oblivion.

The BIBLE is your life's road map. It has the direction to every confused bend of life, answer to every challenging situation, etc. 

Get the bible today for direction and you will not confused anymore.
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment